Saturday, November 10, 2007

How Did She Do That?

When I logged out of my hotmail account this morning I was taken to the msn page. I always check to see if there's anything interesting to read. This morning a headline sparked my interest. Marathon mom's win sparks debate, I had to see what it was about. I've always wanted to run a marathon. I'm only 3 1/2 months post-pregnancy right now and am in no where near the shape I need to be for this. But this woman is an elite athlete. She won the New York City Marathon just 9 months after giving birth. WOW!!! My immediate goals right now are to lose weight and get to my pre-babies weight. (I never lost the weight from baby #1...oops) Once I do that I want to remain healthy and get into things like yoga and running (I'm already do that a little). That way when or if I get pregnant again I can have a healthier pregnancy and bounce back quicker. Then I want to focus on a marathon. But I can guarantee you it won't be 9 months post baby...maybe 5 years post baby. But more power to this woman...wow, wow, wow!

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

I am impressed too

Baba said...

Wow.. this woman looks like she doesn't eat any food..What a body and she is really flexible...My daughter ran in a marathon in New York when she was 8 weeks pregnant with her second daughter...She is now expecting baby # 3 and not running outside, only on her treadmill in the house..Good luck with your workouts.
Baba