Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yummy Peanut Butter Bars

Ok, I may not know about a lot of things, like HDMI splitters, what the heck are those? But I do know a good peanut butter bar when I taste one. I tried this recipe for the first time at my baby shower that was thrown by my old job way back in 2005. My boss made them and they were awesome. I just had to get the recipe. If you like peanut butter these are great!

3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
3/4 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal

Preheat oven to 350 (f). Mix all ingredients together and spread on large cookie sheet. Cook for 12 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the top.

Frosting (I just use the stuff you buy in a can at the store in the milk chocolate flavor, but this is the official kind. I suggest adding a little peanut butter or chopped peanuts to it if you use the store kind)

2 T butter
1 T vanilla
4 T cocoa
2 T peanut butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
5 T milk, continue to add milk until you get the consistency you want

Spread frosting over top. Cut into bars and eat. Have I told you how good they are yet????? They're yummy!!!

2 comments:

ellen said...

hmmm! seems so yummy...thanks for sharing your recipe...have a nice weekend!

ellen said...

hmmm! seems so yummy...thanks for sharing your recipe...have a nice weekend!